[petsc-users] How to combine different element types into a single DMPlex?

Karin&NiKo niko.karin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 02:04:35 CDT 2021

Dear Matthew,

This is great news!
For my part, I would be mostly interested in the parallel input interface.
Sorry for that...
Indeed, in our application,  we already have a parallel mesh data structure
that supports hybrid meshes with parallel I/O and distribution (based on
the MED format). We would like to use a DMPlex to make parallel mesh
adaptation.
 As a matter of fact, all our meshes are in the MED format. We could
also contribute to extend the interface of DMPlex with MED (if you consider
it could be usefull).

Best regards,
Nicolas