[petsc-users] petsc4py - Spike in memory usage when loading a matrix in parallel

Michael Werner michael.werner at dlr.de
Fri Oct 8 02:14:26 CDT 2021

I can understand that process 0 needs to have twice its own memory due
to the process Barry explained. However, in my case every process has
twice the "necessary" memory. That doesn't seem to be correct to me.
Especially with Barry's explanation in mind it seems strange that all
processes have the same peak memory usage. If it were only process 0
then it wouldn't matter, because with enough processes the overhead
would be negligible.

Best regards,
Michael