[petsc-users] Error running make on MUMPS

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 14:28:58 CST 2021

On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 3:25 PM Fande Kong <fdkong.jd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Satish
>
> "--with-make-np=1"  did help us on MUMPS, but we had new trouble with
> hypre now.
>
> It is hard to understand why "gmake install" even failed.

Because HYPRE thinks it is better to use 'ln' than the 'install' script
that handles things like the target existing:

gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/beegfs1/home/anovak/cardinal/contrib/moose/petsc/arch-moose/externalpackages/git.hypre/src/parcsr_ls'
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘libHYPRE_parcsr_ls.so’: File exists
gmake[1]: *** [libHYPRE_parcsr_ls.so] Error 1
gmake: *** [all] Error 1

I think everything needs to be cleaned out for Hypre to reinstall.