[petsc-users] Tutorials test case cannot run in parallel

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Wed Nov 3 22:32:29 CDT 2021

Mark Adams <mfadams at lbl.gov> writes:

> Do we have a policy on this? I know some tests say they are serial.
> Maybe just say that tests are only supported for the parameters in the test.

If a test is serial, it should check the size of PETSC_COMM_WORLD and error if it's bigger than 1.

It doesn't help to have a structured way to tell the test suite that it can't run in parallel -- the test suite runs only what we tell it to and users run the examples outside the test suite so it needs to error. Lots of examples do this.