[petsc-users] Strange behavior of TS after setting hand-coded Jacobian

Zhang, Hong hongzhang at anl.gov
Mon Nov 1 09:21:41 CDT 2021

You can avoid the zero-diagonal elements in your case. Just remove the boundary points and the \hat{\Lambda}_r from the solution vector Y (eq(17) in your PDE file). You can calculate them separately in your RHS function (when computing the residual vector for 2 <=i<=N-1). It is not necessary to form a DAE. You can actually form an ODE instead.

Hong (Mr.)