[petsc-users] [petsc-maint] Performing a coordinate system rotation for the stiffness matrix

Sanjay Govindjee s_g at berkeley.edu
Mon May 31 13:00:55 CDT 2021

In our FEA code we perform the rotations at the local level, before
assembly so that it is easy to apply the boundary conditions, then
unrotate locally after solution to get the usual Cartesian components.
Somehow this seems more efficient than doing this globally, but perhaps
I am missing something.
-sanjay