[petsc-users] Local Discontinuous Galerkin with PETSc TS

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Mon Mar 22 21:42:33 CDT 2021

   u_t  = G(u)

  I don't see why you won't just compute any needed u_x from the given u and then you can use any explicit or implicit TS solver trivially. For implicit methods it can automatically compute the Jacobian of G for you or you can provide it directly. Explicit methods will just use the "old" u while implicit methods will use the new.

  Barry