[petsc-users] MUMPS failure

Chris Hewson chris at resfrac.com
Mon Mar 22 13:07:06 CDT 2021

Hi Matt,

No, we are running it without debugging in prod and then running debug I
can't reproduce the error, from stderr we get:

[1]PETSC ERROR:
[1]PETSC ERROR: Caught signal number 11 SEGV: Segmentation Violation,
probably memory access out of range
[1]PETSC ERROR: Try option -start_in_debugger or -on_error_attach_debugger
[1]PETSC ERROR: or see
https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html#valgrind
[1]PETSC ERROR: or try http://valgrind.org on GNU/linux and Apple Mac OS X
to find memory corruption errors
[1]PETSC ERROR: configure using --with-debugging=yes, recompile, link, and
run
[1]PETSC ERROR: to get more information on the crash.
[1]PETSC ERROR: Run with -malloc_debug to check if memory corruption is
causing the crash.
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 50176059) - process 1

*Chris Hewson*
Senior Reservoir Simulation Engineer
ResFrac
+1.587.575.9792