[petsc-users] using preconditioner with SLEPc

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Tue Mar 9 03:48:52 CST 2021

The reason may be that it is using a direct solver instead of an iterative solver. What do you get for -eps_view ?

Does the code work correctly if you comment out st.setPreconditionerMat(self.P0) ?

Your approach should work, but I would first try as is done in the example https://slepc.upv.es/slepc-main/src/eps/tutorials/ex46.c.html
that is, shift-and-invert with target=0 and target_magnitude.

Jose