[petsc-users] Any workarounds for TAO in a complex scalar type code?

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Thu Jun 24 22:29:27 CDT 2021

  Least squares has two supported types: brgn and pounders. They will not compile with complex. I suspect the problem, at least with brgn, is its handling of bound constraints. Perhaps for complex numbers the handling of constraints can simply be #ifdef out? If one does not need constraints.

  Barry

You can start by removing the leastsquares/makefile:#requiresscalar real adding it into the pounders directory and then compiling and "fixing" the code in brng.c to work with complex.

But BRNG is a wrapper around TAOBNTL so you need to get that to also build correctly with complex.