[petsc-users] is PETSc's random deterministic?

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Wed Jul 28 22:49:30 CDT 2021

Barry Smith <bsmith at petsc.dev> writes:

>   As we are moving the PETSc docs to petsc.org <http://petsc.org/> there may be a bit of time before google again automatically finds the most appropriate page. At the moment google and duckduckgo seem terribly confused.

The 301 Redirects are evidently still missing. https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Sys/CHKERRQ.html

  On March 20, 2007, MCS began revamping its web presence. [...]

As I understand the crawling/ranking algorithms, sitting around with these broken links for too long can cost us reputation so that we might not even be the top result once the 301 redirects are inserted. I understand we need an MCS sysadmin to add the 301 redirect rules.