[petsc-users] Question about MatGetSubMatrix

Jorti, Zakariae zjorti at lanl.gov
Fri Jul 16 19:45:56 CDT 2021

Hello,

I have a matrix A = [A00 , A01 ; A10, A11].

I extract the submatrix A11 with MatGetSubMatrix.

I only know the global IS is1 and is2, so to get A11 I call:

MatGetSubMatrix(A,is2,is2,MAT_INITIAL_MATRIX,&A11);

I want to modify A11 and update the changes on the global matrix A but I could not find any MatRestoreSubMatrix routine.

Is there something similar to VecGetSubVector and VecRestoreSubVector for matrices that uses only global indices?

Many thanks.

Best regards,

Zakariae