[petsc-users] MatZeroRows changes my sparsity pattern

Alexander Lindsay alexlindsay239 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 09:41:35 CDT 2021

My interpretation of the documentation page of MatZeroRows is that if I've
set MAT_KEEP_NONZERO_PATTERN to true, then my sparsity pattern shouldn't be
changed by a call to it, e.g. a->imax should not change. However, at least
for sequential matrices, MatAssemblyEnd is called with MAT_FINAL_ASSEMBLY
at the end of MatZeroRows_SeqAIJ and that does indeed change my sparsity
pattern. Is my interpretation of the documentation page wrong?

Alex