[petsc-users] Error of MatMPIAIJSetPreallocation

Qin Lu lu_qin_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 14 15:38:48 CST 2021

Hi Matthew,
Thanks for your response! Does CHKERRQ work for FORTRAN-90?
I linked my program with debug version of Petsc lib and got more error messages as attached below. I only used 8 processes, but the message said a big number, as well as a huge memory size, which must be wrong since the problem size is not very big. Does this mean the non-zero sizes passed to the subroutine are not correct?
Thanks,Qin
==== error messages =====

[2]PETSC ERROR: Out of memory. This could be due to allocating

[2]PETSC ERROR: too large an object or bleeding by not properly

[2]PETSC ERROR: destroying unneeded objects.

[2]PETSC ERROR: Memory allocated 0 Memory used by process 2049617920

[2]PETSC ERROR: Try running with -malloc_dump or -malloc_view for info.

[2]PETSC ERROR: Memory requested 18446744073458206720

[2]PETSC ERROR: See https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html for trouble shooting.

[2]PETSC ERROR: Petsc Release Version 3.12.5, Mar, 29, 2020

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone