[petsc-users] The exact Jacobian for ASPIN

Lulu Liu lulu.liu at kaust.edu.sa
Sat Dec 25 23:48:28 CST 2021

Dear Barry,

Yes, J_{I} is the typo, and it should be J_{j}.  The exact Jacobian of the
preconditioned Jacobian is
J_exact=\sum_{j=1}^{N}J_{j}(x-T_{i})J(x-T_{j})                     (1)

It seems that PETSc uses the approximate Jacobian,
J_exact=\sum_{j=1}^{N}J_{j}(x-T_{i})J(x-\sum_{j=1}^{N}T_{j})           (2)

In the RASPEN algorithm, it requires the exact Jacobian of ASPIN in the
equation (1).  Currently, the J_{j}(x-T_{i}) is only  computed on each
processor in PETSc, how can I get the global term J(x-T_{j})(j=1,2,..N)?

Thanks.

--
Best wishes,
Lulu Liu

Applied Mathematics and Computational Science
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Tel:+966-0544701599

this email.