[petsc-users] Unstructured mesh

Karthikeyan Chockalingam - STFC UKRI karthikeyan.chockalingam at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Dec 15 14:21:00 CST 2021

Thank you for your detailed response. Yes, using aijcusparse worked (as you mentioned it is not optimal).

My objective was to run an unstructured mesh (which I believe would be of type DMPlex), for varying size using different preconditioners by comparing their performance on cpus and gpus. I understand that would not be possible using hypre. Leaving out hypre - I need some recommendation to move onto other unstructured (DMPlex) example problems, where I change the size of the domain via command line input.

Kind regards,
Karthik.