[petsc-users] Finite difference approximation of Jacobian

Tang, Qi tangqi at msu.edu
Mon Dec 13 13:26:18 CST 2021

“overallocating” is exactly what we can live on at the moment, as long as it is easier to work with coloring on dmstag.

So it sounds like if we can provide a preallocated matrix with a proper stencil through DMCreateMatrix, then it should work with dmstag and coloring already. Most APIs are already there.

Qi