[petsc-users] Concatenating DM vectors

Alfredo J Duarte Gomez aduarteg at utexas.edu
Wed Aug 11 14:33:14 CDT 2021

Good morning,

I am currently handling a structured dmda object with more than one field.

In some intermediate operations, I have to create and handle vectors of a
size that corresponds to the same dmda with one field only.

After that, it would be very useful to concatenate these vectors and then
use them with matrices of the size of the original dmda (more than one
field), I hope the vectors keep their i,j structure from the dmda.

I tried using VecConcatenate but it seems to be scrambling the vector
without the i,j arrangement, and the only other way I can think of is using
a for loop over every grid point which seems cumbersome.

Any suggestions for this problem?

-Alfredo

--
Alfredo Duarte