[petsc-users] Issue while running a PETSC example

SHIV SAGAR s_sagar at ce.iitr.ac.in
Wed Aug 4 07:31:29 CDT 2021

Dear Sir,
I would like to extend my gratitude towards you for creating PETSc
libraries for efficient computation.

I am a PhD student studying Brittle Fracture using Finite Elements and I
have been introduced to the idea of efficient computation using PETSc
libraries. Being a beginner to PETSc and the Linux OS, I was having
difficulties in running PETSc example in

~/petsc/src/ksp/ksp/tutorials$ make ex1

I get the following error:

makefile:41: home/sagar/petsc/lib/petsc/conf/test: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target 'home/sagar/petsc/lib/petsc/conf/test'.
Stop.

I have set the environment variables PETSC_DIR = home/sagar/petsc
and PETSC_ARCH = arch-linux2-c-debug

If you could help me with this, I would be grateful and could continue
using the libraries for much complex programs.

Thank You
Yours Faithfully
Shiv Sagar
PhD, IIT Roorkee