[petsc-users] Is there an up-to-date list of GPU-supported preconditioners?

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 3 07:08:32 CDT 2021

Hi Milan,

I would say no. Our GPU support is under active development and moving fast.

All built-in solvers work with the cuSparse back-end, at least nominally
(eg, SOR smoothers do not work).
'-mat_type cusparse' is probably the place to start.

Our Hypre/GPU support is close.

Our Kokkos-HIP back-end is up and running (I've tested it). Our HIP and
SYCL back-ends are just coming online now.

Mark