[petsc-users] Preconditioner for stokes flow with mixed boundary conditions.

Abhinav Singh abhinavrajendra at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 08:37:23 CDT 2021

> What does this mean? Stokes means using an incompressibility constraint,
> for which we often introduce a pressure.

Yes, what I mean is solving the momentum block, say with known pressure.
viscosity is constant however, the momentum equation has both Laplacian and
Gradient terms.

You should use a good Laplacian preconditioner, like -pc_type gamg or
> -pc_type ml.

I tried gamg and it seems to diverge as the solution is NaN. The KSP
residual message is " 0 KSP Residual norm 1.131782747169e+01  ".
When using -pc_type ml, I get Aggregate Warning and then some faulty
address which stops the code.