[petsc-users] Preconditioner for stokes flow with mixed boundary conditions.

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 05:31:26 CDT 2021

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 6:18 AM Abhinav Singh <abhinavrajendra at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to solve for incompressible stokes flow on a particle based
> discretization. I use a pressure correction technique along with Particle
> strength exchange like operators.
>
> I call Petsc to solve the Stokes Equation without the pressure term.

What does this mean? Stokes means using an incompressibility constraint,
for which we often introduce a pressure.

Do you mean you are solving only the momentum block? If so, do you have a
constant viscosity? If so, then this is just the Laplace equation.
You should use a good Laplacian preconditioner, like -pc_type gamg or
-pc_type ml.

  Thanks

     Matt