[petsc-users] TS tutorial 11 and periodic DM

Thibault Bridel-Bertomeu thibault.bridelbertomeu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 10:09:43 CDT 2020

Dear all,

I am trying to figure out a working set of options for TS tuto ex11
involving the 3D Euler Linear Wave test. I cannot seem to go anywhere as it
keeps crashing saying the physics did not compute the wave speed ... anyone
could advise ?

It is not however completely about ex11. I am trying to figure out how to
set up periodic boundary conditions for a box mesh. I tried to get some
infos here and there following examples : I got that you have to set
DM_BOUNDARY_PERIODIC for the dimensions that you want in the array that you
pass to DM Create Box Mesh, but i am not clear whether I have to do
anything else after. Do I have to call DM Set Periodicity ? I also saw
sometimes calls to DMLocalizeCoordinates ? ... ?
And are there any constraints regarding the number of cells in the periodic
dimensions ? I would like to just have 1 cell in Y dimension for instance
to have a pseudo 1D computation, is that ok ?

Thank you for your help,

Thibault
--
Thibault Bridel-Bertomeu