[petsc-users] Very slow SVD with SLEPC

Rakesh Halder rhalder at umich.edu
Tue Nov 17 01:31:12 CST 2020

And this output is from the small matrix log:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="performance_xml2html.xsl"?>
<root>
<!-- PETSc Performance Summary: -->
  <petscroot>
    <runspecification desc="Run Specification">
      <executable desc="Executable">simpleROMFoam</executable>
      <architecture desc="Architecture">real-opt</architecture>
      <hostname desc="Host">pmultigrid</hostname>
      <nprocesses desc="Number of processes">1</nprocesses>
      <user desc="Run by user">rhalder</user>
      <date desc="Started at">Mon Nov 16 20:40:01 2020</date>
      <petscrelease desc="Petsc Release">Petsc Release Version 3.14.1, Nov
03, 2020 </petscrelease>
    </runspecification>
    <globalperformance desc="Global performance">
      <time desc="Time (sec)">
        <max>2.030551e+02</max>
        <maxrank desc="rank at which max was found">0</maxrank>
        <ratio>1.000000</ratio>
        <average>2.030551e+02</average>
      </time>
      <objects desc="Objects">
        <max>5.300000e+01</max>
        <maxrank desc="rank at which max was found">0</maxrank>
        <ratio>1.000000</ratio>
        <average>5.300000e+01</average>
      </objects>
      <mflop desc="MFlop">
        <max>0.000000e+00</max>
        <maxrank desc="rank at which max was found">0</maxrank>
        <ratio>0.000000</ratio>
        <average>0.000000e+00</average>
        <total>0.000000e+00</total>
      </mflop>
      <mflops desc="MFlop/sec">
        <max>0.000000e+00</max>
        <maxrank desc="rank at which max was found">0</maxrank>
        <ratio>0.000000</ratio>
        <average>0.000000e+00</average>
        <total>0.000000e+00</total>
      </mflops>
      <messagetransfers desc="MPI Message Transfers">
        <max>0.000000e+00</max>
        <maxrank desc="rank at which max was found">0</maxrank>
        <ratio>0.000000</ratio>
        <average>0.000000e+00</average>
        <total>0.000000e+00</total>
      </messagetransfers>
      <messagevolume desc="MPI Message Volume (MiB)">
        <max>0.000000e+00</max>
        <maxrank desc="rank at which max was found">0</maxrank>
        <ratio>0.000000</ratio>
        <average>0.000000e+00</average>
        <total>0.000000e+00</total>
      </messagevolume>
      <reductions desc="MPI Reductions">
        <max>0.000000e+00</max>
        <maxrank desc="rank at which max was found">0</maxrank>
        <ratio>0.000000</ratio>
      </reductions>
    </globalperformance>
    <timertree desc="Timings tree">