[petsc-users] Very slow SVD with SLEPC

Rakesh Halder rhalder at umich.edu
Sun Nov 15 23:04:23 CST 2020

Hi Jose,

I'm only interested in part of the singular triplets, so those algorithms
work for me. I tried using ScaLAPACK and it gives similar performance to
Lanczos and Cross, so it's still very slow.... I'm still having memory
issues with LAPACK and Elemental is giving me an error message indicating
that the operation isn't supported for rectangular matrices.

With regards to scaLAPACK or any other solver, I'm wondering if there's
some settings to use with the SVD object to ensure optimal performance.

Thanks,

Rakesh