[petsc-users] Using MatGetColumnVector() on multiprocess

Antoine Côté Antoine.Cote3 at USherbrooke.ca
Mon Nov 9 08:44:26 CST 2020

Hi,

I would like to retrieve the values of a column in a sparse Mat created with DMCreateMatrix(). I currently use MatGetColumnVector() to store values in a Vec "A". A computation is later made on each value in "A", and the results are stored in another Vec "B" (that was initialized at "0.0" using VecSet()).

Code works fine on a single process. When I try multiple processes, some values are ignored i.e. Vec "B" contains the right results for some positions, while others stay at "0.0". I suspect it is because MatGetColumnVector() is "Not Collective".

What would be the best workaround?

Thank you very much,

Antoine Côté