[petsc-users] using real and complex together

Jacob Faibussowitsch jacob.fai at gmail.com
Tue May 26 15:32:56 CDT 2020

> complex version is needed since matrix sometimes is real and sometimes is complex.
PetscScalar is a flexible datatype, it will be real if PETSc is configured without complex support and include complex if PETSc is configured with complex.

>  I want to solve real matrix without allocating memory for imaginary part((except eigen pairs).

If you only want to use the real component of a PetscScalar you can use PetscRealPart() https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-dev/docs/manualpages/Sys/PetscRealPart.html <https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-dev/docs/manualpages/Sys/PetscRealPart.html> to extract it.

Best regards,

Jacob Faibussowitsch
(Jacob Fai - booss - oh - vitch)
Cell: (312) 694-3391