[petsc-users] multiple definition of `main' with intel compilers

Alfredo Jaramillo ajaramillopalma at gmail.com
Thu May 21 16:46:54 CDT 2020

hello Satish, no the tests seem to be ok altough some error related to mpd.

==============THE TESTS===================

Running check examples to verify correct installation
Using PETSC_DIR=/scratch/simulreserv/softwares/petsc-3.13.0 and
PETSC_ARCH=x64-O3-3.13-intel2016-64
Possible error running C/C++ src/snes/tutorials/ex19 with 1 MPI process
See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html
mpiexec_sdumont11: cannot connect to local mpd
(/tmp/mpd2.console_alfredo.jaramillo); possible causes:
  1. no mpd is running on this host
  2. an mpd is running but was started without a "console" (-n option)
Possible error running C/C++ src/snes/tutorials/ex19 with 2 MPI processes
See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html
mpiexec_sdumont11: cannot connect to local mpd
(/tmp/mpd2.console_alfredo.jaramillo); possible causes:
  1. no mpd is running on this host
  2. an mpd is running but was started without a "console" (-n option)
1,5c1,3
< lid velocity = 0.0016, prandtl # = 1., grashof # = 1.
<   0 SNES Function norm 0.0406612
<   1 SNES Function norm 4.12227e-06
<   2 SNES Function norm 6.098e-11
< Number of SNES iterations = 2
---
> mpiexec_sdumont11: cannot connect to local mpd
(/tmp/mpd2.console_alfredo.jaramillo); possible causes:
>   1. no mpd is running on this host
>   2. an mpd is running but was started without a "console" (-n option)
/scratch/simulreserv/softwares/petsc-3.13.0/src/snes/tutorials
Possible problem with ex19 running with hypre, diffs above
1,9c1,3
< lid velocity = 0.0625, prandtl # = 1., grashof # = 1.
<   0 SNES Function norm 0.239155
<     0 KSP Residual norm 0.239155
<     1 KSP Residual norm < 1.e-11
<   1 SNES Function norm 6.81968e-05
<     0 KSP Residual norm 6.81968e-05
<     1 KSP Residual norm < 1.e-11
<   2 SNES Function norm < 1.e-11
< Number of SNES iterations = 2
---
> mpiexec_sdumont11: cannot connect to local mpd
(/tmp/mpd2.console_alfredo.jaramillo); possible causes:
>   1. no mpd is running on this host
>   2. an mpd is running but was started without a "console" (-n option)
/scratch/simulreserv/softwares/petsc-3.13.0/src/snes/tutorials
Possible problem with ex19 running with mumps, diffs above
Possible error running Fortran example src/snes/tutorials/ex5f with 1 MPI
process
See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html
mpiexec_sdumont11: cannot connect to local mpd
(/tmp/mpd2.console_alfredo.jaramillo); possible causes:
  1. no mpd is running on this host
  2. an mpd is running but was started without a "console" (-n option)
Completed test examples

I entered in src/snes/tutorials/ and executed "make ex5f". The binary exf5
was created