[petsc-users] Possible bug PETSc+Complex+CUDA

Rui Silva rui.silva at uam.es
Thu May 21 09:53:17 CDT 2020

Hello everyone,

I am trying to run PETSc (with complex numbers in the GPU). When I call
the VecWAXPY routine using the complex version of PETSc and mpicuda
vectors, the program fails with a segmentation fault. This problem does
not appear, if I run the complex version with mpi vectors or with the
real version using mpicuda vectors. Is there any problem using
CUDA+complex PETSc?

Furthermore, I use the -log_view option to run the complex+gpu code,
otherwise the program fails at the beggining.

Best regards,

Rui Silva

--
  Dr. Rui Emanuel Ferreira da Silva
  Departamento de Física Teórica de la Materia Condensada