[petsc-users] Sanitize Options Passed "Through" Petsc

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Tue May 19 16:57:19 CDT 2020

Namespace the PETSc options or use something other than the command line
(e.g., PETSC_OPTIONS env variable or a file).  There is no way to know
in advance all the options that could be requested through the PETSc
options system.  If the other app has a well-defined list of allowed
options, you could whitelist those at program startup and leave
everything else for PETSc.