[petsc-users] [petsc4py] Assembly fails

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 12:39:53 CDT 2020

On Fri, 27 Mar 2020 at 17:10, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 3:31 AM Alejandro Aragon - 3ME <
> A.M.Aragon at tudelft.nl> wrote:
>
>> Dear Matthew,
>>
>> Thanks for your email. I have attached the python code that reproduces
>> the following error in my computer:
>>

> I think I see the problem. There were changes in DM in order to support
> fields which only occupy part of the domain.
> Now you need to tell the DM about the fields before it builds a Section. I
> think in your code, you only need
>
>   f = PetscContainer()
>   f.setName("potential")
>   dm.addField(field = f)

Except that petsc4py do not expose a Container class :-(

@Alejandro, PETSc 3.13 is about to be released. Once that is done, we have
a small windows to make a few enhancements in petsc4py before releasing the
matching petsc4py-3.13 that you can use to upgrade your code. Would that
work for you?

--
Lisandro Dalcin