[petsc-users] -ts_adapt_clip .5,1.25

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Wed Mar 4 15:03:29 CST 2020

See -ts_adapt_scale_solve_failed.  The clip provides bounds on step
shortening as a result of the error indicator, but a solve failing can
be more severe.  The default clip allows more aggressive shortening, but
I don't think we want clip to be a lower bound on solver-failure
shortening.  And if you shorten and still fail, you want to be able to
shorten more.