[petsc-users] Regarding P4est

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 18 13:20:12 CDT 2020

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020, MUKKUND SUNJII wrote:

> Unfortunately, my first question still remains a mystery. Hopefully, someone could take a few moments to point me in the right direction.

$ git grep transfervec
include/petsc/private/dmforestimpl.h:  PetscErrorCode             (*transfervec)(DM,Vec,DM,Vec,PetscBool,PetscReal);
include/petsc/private/dmforestimpl.h:  PetscErrorCode             (*transfervecfrombase)(DM,Vec,Vec);
src/dm/impls/forest/forest.c:  if (!forest->transfervec) SETERRQ(PetscObjectComm((PetscObject)dmIn),PETSC_ERR_SUP,"DMForestTransferVec() not implemented");
src/dm/impls/forest/forest.c:  ierr = (forest->transfervec)(dmIn,vecIn,dmOut,vecOut,useBCs,time);CHKERRQ(ierr);
src/dm/impls/forest/forest.c:  if (!forest->transfervecfrombase) SETERRQ(PetscObjectComm((PetscObject)dm),PETSC_ERR_SUP,"DMForestTransferVecFromBase() not implemented");
src/dm/impls/forest/forest.c:  ierr = (forest->transfervecfrombase)(dm,vecIn,vecOut);CHKERRQ(ierr);
src/dm/impls/forest/p4est/pforest.c:  forest->transfervec               = DMForestTransferVec_pforest;
src/dm/impls/forest/p4est/pforest.c:  forest->transfervecfrombase       = DMForestTransferVecFromBase_pforest;

Likely DMForestTransferVec_pforest

Its best to run in debugger - and verify which routine is getting called here...

Satish