[petsc-users] Configuration error during OpenBLAS

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 30 10:32:37 CDT 2020

On Thu, 30 Jul 2020, Eda Oktay wrote:

> Dear Satish,
>
> I am sorry but I couldn't understand what should I do. Am I getting this
> error because of case insensitivity?

Its a bug in configure. I sent the fix [diff - 2 different fixes, you can try any one of them] in a different reply.

> If I am, why now? I mean I configured Petsc with exact same options before
> in 2 machines. What can be the reason?

Likely you have git installed on the other 2 machines - so this issue didn't come up. Without git - a tarball gets used, this issue is with tarball usage.

[or if don't have git on these machines as well - they likely have case insensitive file system - aka MacOS]

Satish