[petsc-users] SLEPc download error

Eda Oktay eda.oktay at metu.edu.tr
Mon Jul 27 17:49:15 CDT 2020

Hi all,

I am trying to download Petsc with Slepc a linux computer (probably
ubuntu, I don't know because I am using it via ssh) but I am getting
the following error:

         UNABLE to CONFIGURE with GIVEN OPTIONS    (see configure.log
for details):
Error during download/extract/detection of SLEPC:
Unable to download package SLEPC from:
https://gitlab.com/slepc/slepc/-/archive/v3.13.2/slepc-v3.13.2.tar.gz
* If URL specified manually - perhaps there is a typo?
* If your network is disconnected - please reconnect and rerun ./configure
* Or perhaps you have a firewall blocking the download
* You can run with --with-packages-download-dir=/adirectory and
./configure will instruct you what packages to download manually
* or you can download the above URL manually, to
/yourselectedlocation/slepc-v3.13.2.tar.gz
  and use the configure option:
  --download-slepc=/yourselectedlocation/slepc-v3.13.2.tar.gz

I attached configure.log.

Then, I downloaded slepc and used
--download-slepc=/yourselectedlocation/slepc-v3.13.2.tar.gz.

Since I used WinSCP, tar.gz file was uploaded to my user as "eda" and
I used   --download-slepc=/home/eda/eda and ran configure again.

However, I got the following error:
         UNABLE to CONFIGURE with GIVEN OPTIONS    (see configure.log
for details):
Error during download/extract/detection of SLEPC:
Unknown compression type in URL: file:///home/eda/eda
I also attached this confiigure.log as 2configure.log.

When I tried to untar eda, I could and I got slepc. So I don't
understand why I am getting this error. This is the third computer I
am building Petsc with Slepc but this is the first time I am getting
such an error.

Can you help me with this problem?

Thanks!
Eda