[petsc-users] DMUMPS_LOAD_RECV_MSGS

Perceval Desforges perceval.desforges at polytechnique.edu
Thu Feb 13 07:53:03 CST 2020

Hello all,

I have been running in a strange issue with petsc, and more specifically
I believe Mumps is the problem.

In my program, I run a loop where at the beginning of the loop I create
an eps object, calculate the eigenvalues in a certain interval using the
spectrum slicing method, store them, and then destroy the eps object.
For some reason, whatever the problem size, if my loop has too many
iterations (over 2040 I believe), the program will crash giving me this
error :

 Internal error 1 in DMUMPS_LOAD_RECV_MSGS           0

application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, -99) - process 0

I am running the program in MPI over 20 processes.

I don't really understand what this message means, does anybody know?

Best regards,

Perceval