[petsc-users] Spectrum slicing, Cholesky factorization for positive semidefinite matrices

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Mon Feb 10 07:41:50 CST 2020

The spectrum slicing method computes the Cholesky factorization of (A-sigma*B) or (A-sigma*I) for several values of sigma. This matrix is indefinite, it does not matter if your B matrix is semi-definite. If B is singular, the only precaution is that you have to use purification, but this option is turned on by default so no problem.

Jose