[petsc-users] MatAssemblyEnd taking too long

Stefano Zampini stefano.zampini at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 08:31:26 CDT 2020

Manav

Can you add a MPI_Barrier before

ierr = MatAssemblyBegin(aij->A,mode);CHKERRQ(ierr);

Also, in order to assess where the issue is, we need to see the values (per rank) of

((Mat_SeqAIJ*)aij->B->data)->nonew
mat->was_assembled
aij->donotstash
mat->nooffprocentries

Another question: is this the first matrix assembly of the code?
If you change to pc_none, do you get the same issue?