[petsc-users] Measuring memory consumption

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Wed Aug 12 23:17:20 CDT 2020

 Pascal,

 Do

  KSPGetPC(ksp,&pc);
  PCFactorGetMatrix(pc,fact)
  PetscViewerPushFormat(PETSC_VIEWER_STDOUT_(PetscObjectComm((PetscObject)fact)),PETSC_VIEWER_ASCII_INFO);
  MatView(fact,PETSC_VIEWER_STDOUT_(PetscObjectComm((PetscObject)fact);
  PetscViewerPopFormat(PETSC_VIEWER_STDOUT_(PetscObjectComm((PetscObject)fact));

   after

   SNES/KSPSolve

  this should print the various MUMPS variables related to memory usage.

  This is processed in /src/mat/impls/aij/mpi/mumps/mumps.c

   If you want to process the values directly in the application code you can look at this file and see how it is extracting the memory values from the mumps variables and use the variables directly in your code.

  Barry