[petsc-users] Problems about tolerances set in TS

Yingjie Wu yjwu16 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 23:00:54 CDT 2020

Thank you very much for your reply.

I tried both switches, but unfortunately they didn't seem to meet my needs.

 -ts_adapt_always_accept      The switch doesn't seem to work, reporting
errors when the maximum number of steps is reached without convergence,
then the program exits.

 -ts_error_if_step_fails  0        This switch accepts the non-convergence
time step and outputs the result, but does not continue into the next time
step calculation ( The time step hasn't reached the maximum time step I set).
And I wonder if the variable behind this switch is optional? What does it
mean?

I hope to achieve in the case of non-convergence Newton step( for example,
the maximum number of Newton iteration steps reached -snes_max_it 50), can
go in the next time step calculation.

Thanks,

Yingjie

Zhang, Hong <hongzhang at anl.gov> 于2020年4月28日周二 下午10:51写道: