[petsc-users] Computing part of the inverse of a large matrix

Jan Grießer griesser.jan at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 30 09:44:46 CDT 2019

Is the MatMumpsGetInverse also wrapped to the python version in PETSc4py ?
If yes is there any example for using it ?
My other question is related to the LU factoriation (
https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html#invertmatrix).
Is the LU factorization only possible for sequential Aij matrices ? I read
in the docs that this is the case for ordering.
After setting up my matrix A, B and x i tried:
 r, c = dynamical_matrix_nn.getOrdering("nd")
 fac_dyn_matrix = dynamical_matrix_nn.factorLU(r,c)

resulting in an error:
[0] No support for this operation for this object type
[0] Mat type mpiaij

Am Fr., 27. Sept. 2019 um 16:26 Uhr schrieb Zhang, Hong <hzhang at mcs.anl.gov