[petsc-users] Reading in the full matrix in one process and then trying to solve in parallel with PETSc

Bao Kai paeanball at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 06:46:31 CDT 2019

Hi,

I understand that PETSc is not designed to be used this way, while I
am wondering if someone have done something similar to this.

We have the full matrix from a simulation and rhs vector. We would
like to read in through PETSc in one process, then we use some
partition functions to partition the matrix.

Based on the partition information, we redistribute the matrix among
the processes. Then we solve it in parallel.  It is for testing the
performance of some parallel linear solver and preconditions.

We are not in the position to develop a full parallel implementation
of the simulator yet.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Kai Bao