[petsc-users] Errors with ParMETIS

Shidi Yan ys453 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 18 06:23:43 CDT 2019

Dear developers,

I am using ParMETIS to do dynamic load balancing for the mesh.
If my code is compiled with optimiser options (e.g., -O2 -O3), I have
the following errors when the code calls function from ParMETIS:
***ASSERTION failed on line 176 of file
externalpackages/git.parmetis/libparmetis/comm.c: j == nnbrs
externalpackages/git.parmetis/libparmetis/comm.c:176: libparmetis__CommSetup: Assertion `j == nnbrs' failed.
However, if the code is compiled with debugging mode ( -g), I do
not have any errors.

I am wondering is it the bug from my part.

Thank you very much for your time.

Kind Regards,
Shidi