[petsc-users] TS_SSP implementation for co-dependent variables

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Wed Oct 9 17:58:25 CDT 2019

Is it a problem with the spatial discretization or with the time
discretization that you've been using thus far?  (This sort of problem
can occur for either reason.)

Note that an SSP method is merely "preserving" -- the spatial
discretization needs to be strongly stable for an SSP method to preserve
it.  It sounds like yours is not, so maybe there is no particular
benefit to using SSP over any other method (but likely tighter time step
restriction).