[petsc-users] Outputting matrix for viewing in matlab

baikadi pranay pranayreddy865 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 21:07:57 CST 2019

Hello PETSc users,

I have a sparse matrix built and I want to output the matrix for viewing in
matlab. However i'm having difficulty outputting the matrix. I am writing
my program in Fortran90 and I've included the following lines to output the
matrix.

*call
PetscViewerBinaryOpen(PETSC_COMM_SELF,'matrix',FILE_MODE_WRITE,view,ierr) call
PetscViewerBinaryGetDescriptor(view,fd,ierr) call
PetscBinaryWrite(fd,ham,1,PETSC_SCALAR,PETSC_FALSE,ierr)*

These lines do create a matrix but matlab says its not a binary file. Could
you please provide me some inputs on where I'm going wrong and how to
proceed with this problem. I can provide any further information that you
might need to help me solve this problem.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Pranay.