[petsc-users] VecDuplicate for FFTW-Vec causes VecDestroy to fail conditionally on VecLoad

Zhang, Junchao jczhang at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 5 11:32:59 CST 2019

Fixed in https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/merge_requests/2262
--Junchao Zhang

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 6:51 PM Sajid Ali <sajidsyed2021 at u.northwestern.edu<mailto:sajidsyed2021 at u.northwestern.edu>> wrote:
Hi Junchao/Barry,

It doesn't really matter what the h5 file contains,  so I'm attaching a lightly edited script of src/vec/vec/examples/tutorials/ex10.c which should produce a vector to be used as input for the above test case. (I'm working with ` --with-scalar-type=complex`).

Now that I think of it, fixing this bug is not important, I can workaround the issue by creating a new vector with VecCreateMPI and accept the small loss in performance of VecPointwiseMult due to misaligned layouts. If it's a small fix it may be worth the time, but fixing this is not a big priority right now. If it's a complicated fix, this issue can serve as a note to future users.

Thank You,
Sajid Ali
Applied Physics
Northwestern University