[petsc-users] Bad memory scaling with PETSc 3.10

Zhang, Hong hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 29 09:55:05 CDT 2019

Myriam:
This branch is merged to master.
Thanks for your work and patience. It helps us a lot. The graphs are very nice :-)

We plan to re-organise the APIs of mat-mat opts, make them easier for users.
Hong

Hi,

Do you have any idea when Barry's fix (https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/pull-requests/1606/change-handling-of-matptap_mpiaij_mpimaij/diff) will be released? I can see it has been merged to the "next" branch. Does it mean it will be soon available on master?

+for your information, I plotted a summary of the scalings of interest (memory and time):
- using petsc-3.10.2 (ref "bad" scaling)
- using petsc-3.6.4 (ref "good" scaling)
- using commit d330a26 + Barry's fix and different algorithms (none, scalable, allatonce, allatonce_merged)

Best regards,

Myriam