[petsc-users] Solving block systems with some null diagonal blocks

Manuel Colera Rico m.colera at upm.es
Mon Mar 25 07:06:53 CDT 2019

Hello,

I would like to solve a N*N block system (with N>2) in which some of the
diagonal blocks are null. My system matrix is defined as a MatNest. As
N>2, I can't use "pc_fieldsplit_type schur" nor
"pc_fieldsplit_detect_saddle_point". The other algorithms ("additive",
"multiplicative" and "symmetric_multiplicative") don't work either as
they need each A_ii to be non-zero.

Is there any built-in function in PETSc for this? If not, could you
please suggest a workaround?

Thanks and kind regards,

Manuel

---