[petsc-users] GAMG parallel convergence sensitivity

Mark Lohry mlohry at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 08:24:52 CDT 2019

Thanks Jed, that's a good read.

I'm not too familiar with the Schur approach but I might give it a go in
the future. A primitive variable formulation is in the works though, at
least for pseudotime-derivative preconditioning.

It seems to me with these semi-implicit methods the CFL limit is still so
close to the explicit limit (that paper stops at 30), I don't really see
the purpose unless you're running purely incompressible? That's just my
ignorance speaking though. I'm currently running fully implicit for
everything, with CFLs around 1e3 - 1e5 or so.