[petsc-users] Problem in MatSetValues

Eda Oktay eda.oktay at metu.edu.tr
Mon Mar 11 08:22:27 CDT 2019

Dear Matt,

I understood that you are right. I changed sizeof(values) with ncols, it
gives matrix correctly.

However, now I get an error in EPSGetEigenpair:

0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message
[0]PETSC ERROR: Argument out of range
[0]PETSC ERROR: Argument 2 out of range
[0]PETSC ERROR: See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html for
trouble shooting.
[0]PETSC ERROR: Petsc Release Version 3.10.3, Dec, 18, 2018
[0]PETSC ERROR: ./ENYENI_FINAL on a arch-linux2-c-debug named
70a.wls.metu.edu.tr by edaoktay Mon Mar 11 16:17:25 2019
[0]PETSC ERROR: Configure options --with-cc=gcc --with-cxx=g++
--with-fc=gfortran --with-cxx-dialect=C++11 --download-openblas
--download-metis --download-parmetis --download-superlu_dist
--download-slepc --download-mpich
[0]PETSC ERROR: #1 EPSGetEigenpair() line 398 in
/home/edaoktay/petsc-3.10.3/arch-linux2-c-debug/externalpackages/git.slepc/src/eps/interface/epssolve.c

I understood from this error that the matrix does not converge. However, I
tested in MATLAB and it converges. The matrix is true now, so this cannot
be from the matrix.

Thanks,

Eda

Eda Oktay <eda.oktay at metu.edu.tr>, 11 Mar 2019 Pzt, 16:07 tarihinde şunu